Our Leadership Development Fellowship
Learn the hands-on skills & knowledge needed to organize on the issues that matter most to young people!
Our 14-week paid Leadership Development Fellowship starting in August is an introduction into organizing that equips participants with hands-on experience and foundational knowledge to become a strong progressive organizer! This program is designed for folks who are new to organizing; fellows will work on a team to directly organize young people to build progressive youth power toward the 2022 Election, while participating in leadership development programming that develops their skills and foundational knowledge of topics including the history of community organizing, social justice, social movements, and more!
If you are…
- new to organizing, politics, and advocacy
- are looking for an opportunity to learn more about political engagement
- a young person or young person at heart
- are excited by the progressive power of our generation
… then this program is for you!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Learning and Skill Development
Fellows will be active participants in New Era’s 2022 Leadership Development program, which will include regular trainings, educational experiences, professional development, and coaching. Learning topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Foundational anti-racism learning and opportunities to deepen and practice anti-racism values and messaging
- The history of organizing and movement-building
- Organizing skills development
- The issues that matter most to young people, particularly young people of color (the Youth Agenda), including abortion
- Systems of governance.
Hands-On Organizing Work
This program is designed to build participants into strong organizers through hands on, peer-to-peer organizing work. These responsibilities will include working on a team to:
- Build a powerful base of young people, prioritizing young people of color, through campus and community tabling
- Utilize a variety of tactics (phonebanking, tabling, voter education, voter guide dissemination, and door-knocking) to mobilize this base to vote in the 2022 Election
- Provide critical voter support and accurate election information
- Work towards state-level and local-level progressive victories
Who is this position + program for?
This position is intentionally geared towards folks with little to no organizing experience. Our goal is to develop the next generation of organizers and leaders, so this role does not require any formal education or organizing experience.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Enthusiastic about organizing and mobilizing young people face-to-face to participate in the political process, and ready to have constant conversations with young people to move them to action;
- Are committed to anti-racism and continuous learning and practice;
- Are flexible, adaptable, and able to meet challenges with a solutions-mindset;
- Committed to progressive values, freedom & equity.
- Students at the following campuses are especially encouraged to apply: the Denver Auraria Campus, CU Boulder, CSU, UNC, DU, Fort Lewis College, Western State! Not a student? This position is still for you- we encourage you to apply!
To learn more and apply for this position, click here!
Interested, but can’t commit to the whole program? We invite you to join as a volunteer! There is no hours commitment; we’d love to have you to engage at the level that works for you. Fill out this form to stay in the loop!
On the fence about applying, or just want to hear more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you!