2023 Annual Report
December 14, 2023
At New Era, there’s no such thing as off years. 2023 was no different. This year alone, we fought to turn Youth Agenda priorities into political realities. Just a few examples:
- During the legislative session, we worked with COLOR to pass SB23-190, a landmark bill that regulates the deceptive advertising practices of anti-abortion centers to limit their ability to prey on people who are young, low-income, or from immigrant communities.
- We launched our new regional hub model with permanent lead organizers in five regions across the state — Boulder, Denver, Northern, Southern, and Western.
- Polled young people across Colorado to publish comprehensive polling and data analysis on housing affordability’s impacts.
- Turned out young people 3 points above the state average to flip the Boulder mayoral race in Boulder’s first ranked-choice voting election.
- Grew the progressive majority on The Fort Collins City Council.
And we’re just getting started. We’re already planning for:
- The 2024 legislative session, where we’re fighting for renters’ rights and housing affordability.
- Educating and mobilizing young people to turnout in support of the 2024 reproductive rights ballot measure to codify abortion protections in our state constitution, regardless of your insurance coverage.
- The path to winning the U.S. House runs through Colorado’s 3rd and 8th Congressional Districts. Our Regional Lead Organizers in Durango & Pueblo (CO-3) and Greeley (CO-8) will focus on registering voters, building a base, and mobilizing young people ahead of the November general election. We will scale up with full and part-time canvassers to contact as many young voters in these districts as possible.