Toast to Democracy!
Toast to Democracy
Thursday, June 2, 2022
City Park Pavilion
2001 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
Every year, we look forward to bringing our New Era community together for our annual celebration, Toast to Democracy. Toast to Democracy is not only a chance to celebrate the achievements of our generation over the past months and years, but to build power to keep our momentum going! Young people are powerful, and together we are growing a movement of young changemakers imagining a new Colorado. Join us in supporting their leadership in shaping our future.
Not convinced yet? Here’s some additional information that we hope seals the deal.
- It’s New Era’s Sweet Sixteen!! BONUS celebration – not only will this event be a celebration of our recent wins, we will be partying like we’re on MTV in the 90s. This organization has gone through so much growth and evolution since we were founded in 2006 and we are eager to give an extra Toast with you to our 16th birthday!
- This event will be hosted at an open air venue with a view of the lake. City Park Pavilion gives us the best of both worlds– shade and fresh air. (Fingers crossed we get to see the rose garden in bloom!)
- We have an accommodating menu and delicious local beverages. If you’ve attended Toast to Democracy in the past, you know how delicious Dos Santos tacos are. If you haven’t, you need to! All tacos will be gluten free, and we will have vegetarian and vegan options so all can get a taste. No Sweet Sixteen would be complete without a dessert bar. We will have snacks, candy and cupcakes from local “cottage baker” (aka made from scratch), Janella Woods of Data Cakes. All cupcakes will be gluten free (but we bet you’d never know it) and we will have vegan cupcakes as well. A hosted bar with beer, wine and a secret specialty cocktail will be available to get the party going.
- Here’s your excuse to glam up and look your best. After the years of lockdowns, isolation and maybe a tad too much boredom induced online shopping, now is your chance to rock that kick ass outfit that’s been hanging in your closet.
- Got a kiddo? Bring them to Toast! On a completely unrelated note…. we are also recruiting future voters for the 2036 election. While we will not be providing childcare, this event will have a dedicated kid friendly space with toys, books and art so you don’t need to arrange a babysitter.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors! 🥂
Game Changers: Friedman Family Foundation
Democracy Drivers: Innovo Foundation
Catalysts: James and Representative Edie Hooton, SEIU Local 105
Champions: Joanne & Jeff Schwartz, Erin Egan LLC, Karen Schauble
Trailblazer: Progress Now Colorado, Colorado AFL-CIO, Siegel Long Public Affairs
Advocate: Javelina, Alexandra Acker-Lyons, Infinite Monkey Theorem
Partner: CIRC, Colorado Fiscal Institute, Emerge Colorado, Healthier Colorado, The Bell Policy Center, Young Invincibles, Leah & Rachel Pryor-Lease, Colorado Consumer Health Initiative, Centennial State Prosperity, Cobalt Advocates, COLOR, Common Cause, Conservation Colorado, Daniel Ramos & Jordan Pryczynski, Interfaith Alliance, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, Soul 2 Soul Sisters
- ✨ At this time we are planning to host this event in-person at City Park Pavilion, which is a fully open air venue. We will operate in compliance with all local and CDC safety ordinances and will also be taking additional COVID precautions.
- ✨ While we love your furry friends, unfortunately no pets are allowed at Toast to Democracy.
- ✨ If you want to support a young person in attending you may also purchase a ticket to be donated. If you are a young person who wants to attend but cannot due to the cost, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the list to receive a donated ticket. Donated tickets are not guaranteed and based on the quantity available, but we will do our best!