Toast to Democracy
Our annual Toast to Democracy event brings together supporters, local progressive leaders, elected officials, business leaders, and young professionals to celebrate how young voters have shaped Colorado and look ahead to all that we will be able to accomplish in 2020 and beyond.
Where: Denver Mart Drive-In, 451 E 58th Ave, Denver, CO 80216
When: Tuesday, September 1, 7:15-10PM
The global COVID-19 outbreak has rapidly brought about a new normal, pushing all of us to forgo large in-person gatherings in order to protect our communities’ health. But every challenge presents a new opportunity—and now, we’re thrilled to have a Toast like you’ve never seen before! We’ll have a program of events all planned to be drive-in theater compatible, so we can protect our health and still celebrate together.
We hope to see you there!
Thanks to our amazing sponsors:
Democracy Driver | Colorado Education Association
Gamechanger | Innovo Foundation; Friedman Family Foundation
Catalyst | Ken Regelson & Judy Wong; SEIU Local 105; Boulder Strategies, LLC & Turn It Blue Digital
Champion | Mike & Karen Fried; Representative Edie Hooton & Jim Hooton; Alison Friedman Phillips and Josh Phillips; Erin Egan, LLC; Dr. Alan Cooper; The Leaffer Family; Two Parts
Trailblazer | Democratic Women of Boulder County; Tracey & Howard Blitz; Tim & Heidi Howard; Senator Jeff Bridges; Sue Brown & Tony Massaro
Advocate | ACLU of Colorado; Tierney Lawrence LLC; Kayvan Khalatbari; Strategies 360
Partner | One Colorado; Interfaith Alliance of Colorado; ProgressNow Colorado; Colorado Civic Engagement Roundtable; One Minus Beta Analytics, LLC; COLOR; Hilltop Public Solutions; Siegel Public Affairs; Emerge Colorado; Matt Singer; Conservation Colorado; Planned Parenthood Votes Colorado; CIRC Action Fund; Soul 2 Soul Sisters; Healthier Colorado; Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition; Diane Rosenthal
Given the change of venue and format of this year’s Toast to Democracy, we wanted to be sure to share the answers to some of the frequently asked questions!
- How do I hear the program and film?
- You will need to have a working car radio. The FM station to hear the program and film is 89.9FM.
- Can I leave my car running during the show?
- Sorry, but no. Denver Mart’s policy is that cars may be started at intermission to regenerate power, but we request that your vehicle remains off during the program and film.
- Can I leave before the film begins?
- Yes! If you choose to not stay for our showing of John Lewis: Good Trouble, you may exit after the New Era program is finished. Please watch for people walking and do drive safely. Denver Mart parking lot has a maximum speed limit of 5MPH, please respect their rules and drive slowly.
- What COVID-19 related safety precautions are you taking for your staff working this event?
- We have our staff’s safety at the forefront of all our plans for Toast to Democracy this year. Besides the change in venue and event format to a drive-in, we have the minimum number of staff possible working to assist this event. All staff members working this event are required to wear masks, we have provided everyone access to an abundance of PPE including hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and cleaning supplies.
- Can I sit outside of my vehicle during the program?
- Attendees must stay inside cars to view the program and the film. Please stay inside your vehicle during the fundraising portion of the event, our staff will come to you.
- Do I need to wear a mask?
- If you are inside your vehicle, there is no need to wear a mask! If you have to get out of your vehicle for any reason, you must wear a mask to protect yourself, New Era staff, Denver Mart staff, and other Toast to Democracy attendees.
- Where are the restrooms?
- The restrooms are available inside the Denver Mart building, to the left of the parking lot if you are facing the screen. You must wear a mask and be mindful of social distancing as you enter and exit.
- Denver Mart has a 10 person capacity in the bathrooms, and is sanitizing restrooms every 15 minutes.
- Who should I contact in case of emergency or in case my battery dies?
- If you witness an emergency or feel security should be notified please text 720-647-7636 your location and someone will notify Denver Mart’s security or proper respondent for your needs.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed in Denver Mart Drive-In theater.