Learning and Developing Skills
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Foundational anti-racism learning and opportunities to deepen and practice anti-racist values and language
- The history of organizing and movement-building
- Skills for impactful organizing skills
The issues that matter most to young people, particularly young people of color, as captured in the Youth Agenda.
Hands-On Community Organizing
This program is designed to help participants grow into strong organizers through hands-on, peer-to-peer organizing. This includes working in teams to:
- Build a powerful base of young people through campus and community tabling and prioritizing young people of color
- Employ a variety of tactics (phonebanking, tabling, voter education, voter guide dissemination, and door-knocking) to mobilize our base to participate in political processes, including major elections
- Provide critical support and accurate election information for voters
- Work towards local and statewide victories to advance and protect the issues that matter to young people
Who is this program for?
This position is intentionally built for people with little to no organizing experience. Our goal is to develop the next generation of organizers and leaders, so this role does not require any formal education or organizing experience.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Enthusiastic about organizing and mobilizing young people to participate in political processes
- Ready to have face-to-face conversations with young people to inspire action
- Committed to anti-racism and continuously learning
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to meet challenges with a solutions-mindset
- Committed to progressive values, like freedom and equity
Students at the following campuses are especially encouraged to apply:
- University of Colorado Denver
- Community College of Denver
- Metropolitan State University
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado State University
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Denver
- Fort Lewis College
- Western Colorado University
- Colorado College
Not a student? Don’t stress; you don’t need to be in order to participate in the Leadership Development Program.