For a PDF version of this fellowship description, click here.
We’re seeking a part-time fundraising fellow to help us raise the revenue we need to power our work and grow our impact. As a fundraising fellow, you’ll receive unique networking opportunities, one-on-one professional development, and the chance to gain experience in nonprofit development and management.
Working with the development team, you’ll help drive the progress we’re able to make on issues like student debt, abortion rights, and climate change. If you’re an organized, strong communicator with an interest in fundraising, we strongly encourage you to apply. Previous fundraising or events experience is not required—this is an opportunity for professional growth!
About New Era
New Era Colorado is working to reinvent politics for young people, mobilizing and empowering a new generation to participate in our democracy to make Colorado a better place for everyone. We register and turn out thousands of young voters every year, we work on issues like election access, economic justice, abortion rights, and climate change, and we train hundreds of young leaders to create change. We’ve registered more than 150,000 young voters, passed policies like online voter registration, given out more than 60,000+ buttons that say “Vote, F*cker” on them (good, right?), and made two viral videos (This Is Why We Vote; Campaign for Local Power).
Our team is deeply dedicated to social change, and takes the work very seriously—but not ourselves. We truly believe in the power of young people.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that we have up-to-date records to facilitate timely donor responses and decision making.
- Manage and track all contributions.
- Manage mailing gift acknowledgments.
- Manage records maintenance and work with Data Manager to implement best practices.
- Assist with development stewardship, cultivation, and departmental metrics tracking.
- Assist with prospect research, data entry, and other departmental administration.
- Participate in events and networking opportunities that build exposure and support for New Era Colorado. This may include some evenings and weekends.
This a part-time, temporary position based out of New Era’s Denver office, reporting to the Development Director. Compensation will be $15/hr, with an expectation for 10-25 hours per week. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We’re looking to start someone as soon as we find the right candidate, so don’t wait to apply!