For a pdf version of this job description, click here.
New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund are seeking full-time and part-time Quality Control Coordinators to aide in an organized, consistent, and high-quality form processing operation for all of New Era’s voter registration forms.
We’re organizing year-round to build political power for young people in Colorado, which includes our work running one of the largest young voter mobilization programs in the country. In this role, you will be an integral part of our Quality Control Team whose mission is to ensure that the voter registration forms we collect in the field meet the highest standards of quality, integrity and accuracy. This means you will aide in maintaining detailed records and meeting airtight processing and mailing deadlines on a regular basis. You must be highly organized, very detail oriented (seriously), and able meet tight deadlines while maintaining calm. A deep commitment to progressive values and to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion through and within our organization is a must in this position. Previous experience in a similar position is not required!
This person will be reporting to Voter Registration Quality Manager and collaborating with the rest of the QC team.
About New Era
New Era Colorado is working to reinvent politics for young people, mobilizing and empowering a new generation to participate in our democracy to make Colorado a better place for everyone. We register and turn out thousands of young voters every year, we work on issues like election access, economic justice, abortion rights and climate change, and we train hundreds of young leaders to create change. We’ve registered more than 150,000 young voters, passed policies like online voter registration, won ballot measure campaigns, given out more than 60,000+ buttons that say “Vote, F*cker” on them (good, right?), and made two viral videos (This Is Why We Vote; Campaign for Local Power). Our team is deeply dedicated to social change, and takes the work very seriously—but not ourselves. We’ll never miss an opportunity to get a zoomed-in screenshot of you making a weird face in a group photo. We truly believe in the power of young people. Get to know us: Our website | Our Facebook.
- Form mailing | All voter registration forms are processed and mailed in a timely and highly organized fashion. You sort voter registration forms by county and mail them all to the appropriate county clerk. You conduct visual inspections of form accuracy and keep accurate records of mailings.
- Form processing | Voter registration forms are uploaded into our quality control software daily. The team’s process is highly streamlined so that the strict deadline is always met and hardly ever frantic.
- Maintain high data standards | Our systems ensure that our voter registration drive is accurately registering voters and maintaining the highest standards of integrity, form completion, and data quality. Any cause for concern (including repeat mistakes by organizers) is investigated and documented, and all records are properly uploaded into our quality control software, and stored securely.
What We’re Looking For
- Highly organized (seriously) self-starter who shows serious initiative.
- Deep commitment to New Era’s mission and to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through and within our organization. A determination to engage young people in tackling the issues facing our generation, including economic and racial justice, climate change, and reproductive justice. A serious passion for increasing young people’s participation in our democracy—especially our elections—is an absolute must.
- Work style that is flexible, respectful, collaborative and nimble; brings a commitment to maintaining a supportive, empowering culture. Positive and solutions-oriented—we need people who can celebrate the great things we have, spot where we can improve, and come up with specific ways to make those changes happen.
We are hiring for multiple part-time and full-time positions across the state ending mid-September, with the possibility of extending until mid-October. The positions are based out of New Era’s Denver and Boulder offices with potential travel along the Front Range, and require weekend hours. The positions will be reporting to New Era’s Quality Control Manager in Denver.
For those seeking full-time positions, salary range is in the low 30’s annualized, commensurate with experience. Paid time off is accumulated by full-time staff and healthcare (medical and dental, employer pays 75% of the premium) is offered contingent upon number of hours worked and length of employment. For those seeking part-time positions, the pay is $15 an hour. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please fill out this form to submit your resume and a paragraph telling us why you want to be part of the phenomenal organization that is New Era Colorado. This position will be open until filled and will be removed from our website once it is filled. If the posting is still up, you can and should still apply! No phone calls please.
New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.