For a PDF version of this job description, click here.
Full- and part-time positions available in: Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, Durango
New Era Colorado is seeking field organizers to help us register and turn out thousands of young voters this year across Colorado! Organizers will be the beating heart of New Era’s 2018 field program, and will be charged with turning all of the energy of this moment into a swell of youth turnout in November.
You’ll play a key role in one of the largest and most effective young voter mobilization programs in the country, making the connections for young voters between the issues they care about and what’s on the ballot. Field organizers will work in teams to drive our voter registration, education, and voter turnout efforts, as well as recruiting and training energetic teams of volunteers. You’ll meet young people where they are: at community events, on campuses, in high schools, at local businesses, concerts, and more. These positions offer tremendous opportunities for leadership, personal, and professional development while being on a supportive team. We’ll have part-and full-time positions starting late spring/early summer and going through mid-November.
Our ideal candidates have a deep commitment to progressive values and voter registration—especially of young people people of color. You’ll be a great fit if you are eager to meet and build relationships with young voters face-to-face, are committed to building an inclusive team, and are motivated by ambitious goals.
If you’re excited about all of the above, come work with us!
About New Era
New Era Colorado is working to reinvent politics for young people, mobilizing and empowering a new generation to participate in our democracy to make Colorado a better place for everyone. We register and turn out thousands of young voters every year, we work on issues like election access, economic justice, abortion rights and climate change, and we train hundreds of young leaders to create change. We’ve registered more than 150,000 young voters, passed policies like online voter registration, won ballot measure campaigns, given out more than 60,000+ buttons that say “Vote, F*cker” on them (good, right?), made two viral videos (This Is Why We Vote; Campaign for Local Power), and Pod Save America even gave us a shoutout on their podcast! Our team is deeply dedicated to social change, and takes the work very seriously—but not ourselves. We’ll never miss an opportunity to get a zoomed-in screenshot of you making a weird face in a group photo. We truly believe in the power of young people. Get to know us: Our website | Our Facebook.
- Work on a team in Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins or Durango to execute a large-scale, high energy voter registration drive and turnout program targeting young voters. Maintain a regular presence at college campuses, community events, local businesses and festivals.
- Build relationships with campuses, businesses, and student leaders to collaborate on voter registration events.
- Recruit, train, and organize volunteers to collaborate with us on voter registration and voter turnout while supporting their development as leaders.
- Assist young voters in navigating our elections system through creative outreach and in-person guidance and support. (We’ll train you to be an expert).
- Lend a hand to all areas of the organization, including sometimes pitching in to help out other city teams!
What we’re looking for
- Deep commitment to New Era’s mission and to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through and within our organization. A determination to engage young people in tackling the issues facing our generation, including economic and racial justice, climate change, and reproductive justice. A serious passion for increasing young people’s participation in our democracy—especially our elections—is an absolute must.
- Work style that is flexible, respectful, collaborative and nimble; brings a commitment to maintaining a supportive, empowering culture. Positive and solutions-oriented—we need people who can celebrate the great things we have, spot where we can improve, and come up with specific ways to make those changes happen.
- Highly organized individuals, and folks who will take initiative to lead and make improvements, and able to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours on a regular basis & campaign hours during election season.
- A high energy personality and enthusiasm for engaging thousands of young voters face-to-face.
- Reliable transportation and a driver’s license strongly preferred (required for some roles, but not all)
- Preferred, but not required: Previous experience (volunteer or paid) on elections or campaigns or running student organizations; Spanish language skills
Please note: we care more about your desire to do the work than whether you have formal or informal experience. We encourage you to submit your application if this job excites you!
We are hiring for multiple part-time and full-time positions across the state. The positions are based out of New Era’s Boulder, Denver, Durango, or Fort Collins offices, with travel along the Front Range. The positions will be reporting to New Era’s City Leads in Boulder, Denver, Durango and Fort Collins.
Salary range is in the low 30’s annualized, commensurate with experience. Healthcare (medical and dental, employer pays 75% of the premium) and paid time off contingent upon length of employment. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, with start dates happening between June and mid July.
Head over to neweracolorado.org/jobs (or try this link) to fill out the google form application.
These positions will be open until filled and will be removed from our website once filled (if the posting is still up, you can and still should apply!). No phone calls please.
New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.