You + democracy + summer + this bus.
Interested in applying? Click here to take the first step!
The Democracy Fellows program is an intensive, two month-long summer bootcamp that trains the next generation of progressive young leaders to create change in their communities. Fellows work to build a more hands-on democracy, developing their leadership skills while learning and applying the principles of grassroots organizing and advocacy.
It’s a full time program, designed for hardworking young folks, college students, and recent college grads from all over the place who are passionate about civic engagement, democracy, and politics. Fellows will leave the program with the tools and skills to advocate for the issues they are passionate about, organize others to take action, and lead in their communities.
The program’s got three goals:
- Leaders for the long-term. Gain invaluable leadership skills, and then flex those new muscles up and down the Front Range of Colorado.
- Engagement that matters. Conduct on-the-ground grassroots work to impact top-level policies and make a lasting impact on Colorado’s landscape.
- Democracy for the win. Do the heavy lifting to create a more hands-on democracy that works for everyone.
Our summer 2014 program runs from June 9th-August 8th, and is based in Denver, Colorado. Financial stipends are available for fellows.
What are you waiting for?
- Start the application process by submitting an interest form
- Read up on the program
- FAQs, and not-so-FAQs
- Nominate a young person for the Democracy Fellows program