You + democracy + summer + this bus.
We are no longer accepting applications for the summer 2013 Democracy Fellows program. Be sure to check back in January for the 2014 edition!
The Democracy Fellows program is an intensive, two month-long summer bootcamp that trains the next generation of progressive young leaders to create change in their communities. Fellows work to build a more hands-on democracy, developing their leadership skills while learning and applying the principles of grassroots organizing and political advocacy.
It’s a full time program, designed for hardworking young folks, college students, and recent college grads from all over the place who are passionate about civic engagement, democracy, and politics. Fellows will leave the program with the tools and skills to advocate for the issues they are passionate about, organize others to take action, and lead in their communities.
The program’s got three goals:
- Leaders for the long-term. Gain invaluable leadership skills, and then flex those new muscles all over the state.
- Engagement that matters. Conduct on-the-ground grassroots work to impact top-level policies and make a lasting impact on Colorado’s political landscape.
- Democracy for the win. Do the heavy lifting to create a more hands-on democracy that works for everyone.
Our summer 2013 program runs from June 10-August 10, and is based in Denver, Colorado. Financial stipends are available for fellows. The early decision application deadline is April 12th, and the final deadline is May 17.
What are you waiting for?
- Read up on the program & get your hands on an application
- FAQs, and not-so-FAQs
- Nominate a young person for the Democracy Fellows program.