Leadership development like it’s our job.
We train the next generation of advocates, campaign managers, and candidates through several intensive, hands-on leadership development programs.
Each program’s curriculum is a combination of classroom setting instruction and on-the-ground grassroots work that includes issue education, voter registration, volunteer recruitment, and get-out-the-vote strategies. In short, these are training programs designed to act as a springboard for young leaders to enter the life of political and public service in Colorado. Dozens of former internship participants now work at the Colorado Capitol, in congressional offices, and at other public interest nonprofit organizations.
Our programs have three core principles:
- Civic engagement – engage voters and advocate for policies that make a lasting impact Colorado’s political landscape.
- Leadership development for the long-term – we’re at the beginning of a leadership pipeline, exposing participants to a network of organizations and relationships to give them a running start at careers in politics and the public interest.
- Advocacy – build support for, pass, and implement policies that move us forward and create real change that impacts lives and our state.
Here’s what we’ve got:
- Summer: Democracy Fellows, a fulltime fellowship program in Denver for young people, college students, and recent college grads
- Summer: African American Outreach program: an internship program for for young people interested in working in and for issues affecting the African American community in the Denver-metro area. (More info coming soon!)
- Fall & spring internships: Leadership development, elections, civics, and advocacy for high school and college students, as well as young folks and recent grads. (In both Denver & Boulder)
- Year round: Unlimited volunteer opportunities