Summary: New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund are seeking outgoing, dedicated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team to help us register and turn out thousands of young voters for this year’s historic 2016 election! This year, we’re engaging young people on critical issues like climate change, minimum wage, student debt, and more. We’re hiring part- and full-time positions on a rolling basis, so get your application in today!
About us: New Era Colorado is an innovative nonprofit organization that mobilizes young people to move Colorado forward through civic engagement, leadership development and advocacy work.
- Work closely with a team of 5-10 individuals to register thousands of young people to vote along the Front Range
- Participate in weekly team meetings and 1:1 check-in meetings with the Field Manager, as well as evaluations, debriefs, and trainings
- Meet daily and weekly goals for voter registration and pledge to vote postcards
- Participate in voter registration form processing and data entry
- Plan ways to make voter registration, phone banking & door knocking efforts fresh, engaging and exciting to young voters
- Equip young voters with the information they need to cast a ballot and help them make a plan to vote
- Chat up young voters everywhere, every way: by calling them to make sure they know where to go to vote, by knocking on their door to give them a voter guide, and even putting them in a golf cart to head to the polls
What we’re looking for:
- Available to work some weekday evenings and weekends; willingness to work nontraditional hours
- Deep commitment to New Era’s mission of engaging more young people in our democracy
- Excitement for registering young voters and turning them out to vote
- Enthusiasm for working within diverse and underrepresented communities
- Work style that is flexible, respectful and collaborative, and will maintain a supportive, empowering work culture
- Reliable transportation and a driver’s license strongly preferred
- Spanish language skills are a plus, but not required
Please note: We care more about your desire to do the work than whether you have formal or informal experience. We do not require formal education experience. Please submit your application if this job excites you!
- Full time positions are based on an annual salary of $29,000-$31,000
- Part-time positions are based on $15/hour
- Part and full-time positions available on a rolling basis starting late July, ending Nov. 11th
- Organizers report to New Era’s Field Manager
- Some travel required to work out of New Era’s Boulder & Fort Collins offices; occasional travel to Colorado Springs as well (we reimburse for mileage)
- Healthcare and paid time off contingent upon length of employment
New Era Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
To apply: Please email organizerjobs (at) NewEraColorado (dot) org a single PDF application with a paragraph explaining why you’re interested in this position, a resume, and 1-3 references (name, how you know the person, title, phone, and email.) Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.